The purpose of this tutorial is to illustrate how to add APA™ format references to your existing document.
- After generating your reference using Citation Generator, copy the text and paste it into your document on the last page/reference page.
- Make sure the first line of your reference text is left-align. If it leads to more than 1 line, simply indent each line below the first line.
- Italicize the title of your source. e.g. book titles, name of articles, etc…
- If you have a list of references, be sure to alphabetize it.
- Note: When copying and pasting text to and from your Word document the font and font size change. Be sure to double-check the newly copied reference text is set as “Times New Roman” font with “12” font size.
American Psychological Association (APA), are registered trademarks of the American Psychological Association.