What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear about prayer? What is a prayer, by the way? Prayer is a way to communicate with our Heavenly Father. We can pray for guidance, protection, health, wealth, family, friends, neighbors, and everything else. There are no limits, as long as our intentions are good, and we hold a strong faith.
How Do I Possess Power To Pray?
Praying has nothing to do with magic or theatrical scenes that we see in movies. To think about it, that would be epic to have Jesus or Angels appear out of nowhere to deliver messages to you. While I’m not saying this cannot happen, most likely, it won’t ever happen to you. The power we have is through believing. Merely stating a simple prayer and believing that your words are heard is enough. Heavenly Father knows more than we know. He knows and listens to every prayer we say.
5 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.
6 And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.
We learn from Mark 6:5-6 that healings are not always delivered. This is due to a lack of faith. To get the most out of praying, one must believe and have faith in Jesus Christ. Another verse is
22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
We need to remember; everything is possible with Jesus Christ.
- When praying, one thing we should not do is be repetitive.
- 7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking –Matthew 6:7 (KJV).
- Not being genuine when praying is another mistake. He knows our intentions before we say it.
- You do not have faith as mentioned above. Matthew 21:22 (KJV).
- Expecting prayers to be answered right away. Most times they will be answered when the time is right.
Top Scriptures on Prayer
- 7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: –Matthew 7:7
- 24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. –Mark 11:24
- 14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
- 15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
- 16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. –James 5:14-16
Prayer App To Help Pray More Often
Prayer Request Notes is an app dedicated to prayer. The app helps promote you to write down individual and group prayers. I invite you to download it now and share it with your friends, church, and families. Learn more here.